Global Education Center
GLOBAL EDUCATION CENTER SIEM REAP was started in August 2016 as a nonprofit education center which aims at providing free alternative education for children and teenagers, providing local youth and local people chances to learn languages, computer, and to have access to global education/information through internet and our library and to have their first chance to meet and interact with different people from different cultures and backgrounds from around the world.
Handicraft center is going to be the next step of development to involve the women in the community having jobs to do beside working in the field, and to keep them busy from doing useless things. GEC needs your mental and physical contribution for these foundations; we welcome all motivated individuals for the winter!
At the starting point of setting the Global Education Center, we welcome motivated individuals for supporting us to make it happen for the community children and families for access of global information and the income generation.
Food and Accommodation
The volunteers are going to stay in Angkor Voluntary House which is a guesthouse providing a proper facility for the volunteers, which is bed with mattresses, fan, pillows and blanket. There is a shower room and toilet in each room provided. The food will be prepared by the staff, but we are asked to make the washing by ourselves. There is wifi provided, but limited of data usage.
There is a local market just in front of the accommodation, some restaurants with various types of food, where you can find easy access to enjoy your daily free time.
Aims of the workcamp
• Meeting people and children for socializing with the local residence on purpose multicultural learning and sharing.
• Visiting local village in purpose of seeing the real situation of living standard of the family in the village.
• To assist in construction work which is needed for the center
• To provide English teaching for the children at Global Education Center in cooperation with the center manager for the teaching manual.
• To organize inter-cultural sharing with the children in the community of SVAY THOM Village
• Supporting the community project instructed by the center manager and staff